Monday, August 6, 2012

Ouch!

Well that was fun.  Saturday before last, I had a raging headache all day, the kind that you just want to stay in a dark, cool room and hibernate with.  Well, it's 106 degrees here so my house won't cool completely, and I have an 8 year old hot mess.  Didn't happen, but at least I could keep it dark.  Hah.  In any case, it only got worse, stretching into Sunday, Monday, then Tuesday.  I finally headed to urgent care.  Turns out I had both a sinus and ear infection, with my ear drum very close to busting.  Hello, shot of antibiotics in the butt.  TMI, I know.  I thought I had some sinus issues, I'd had more drainage lately, and the week before all that, every now and then, my eye would get itchy, and if I barely touched it, it would go bloodshot.  So I knew something was up but had no idea it was that bad.  During my 4 days home, I did make sure to rock the smoothies, packing in extra spinach.  I can't say I didn't have comfort food otherwise, but I did try to get my vitamins upped.

Several days later now, I just finished antibiotics (yup, pill form as well) and ear drops, and I still have a mild headache most of the day.  But at least the eye issue is gone, and it's not THAT bad.  It's liveable.  I know the heat is playing a part.  I also ended up really dehydrated today, so have been pumping in water, and downed a bottle of gatorade at lunch.  MUST stay on top of the water!!!  These fat cells need it apparently...lol

My goal this week is to get in 3 days of working out.  I need to get back on schedule with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment