Monday, August 13, 2012

Hmph

Well, in good news, I'm back in the gym.  I went last Tuesday and Thursday, and will be going tonite, tomorrow, and Wednesday of this week.

In bad news, holy hell, my heel spur is bothering me like crazy!  Both nights at the gym, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical (it's been two months since working out, I know that I'm going to need to work back up again to that hour I was hitting on it), and then hopped on the treadmill for a bit to keep my heart rate up and stretch my legs out.  But even on the elliptical, where there's no impact, my heel started hurting.  I've been wearing my thick soled walking shoes that I'm supposed to wear to help my feet.  Pretty sure I'm going to have to break down and get the cortisone shot I've been postponing.  Boo.  My heel ached all weekend as well despite me continuing to wear the good (albeit kinda ugly) walking shoes.  I've been icing it and doing the plantar fasciitis exercises and stretches.  Any other ideas aside from breaking down and getting the shot?  I don't really want to pay $400 for orthotics either.

But at least I'm getting back into a routine.  If nothing else, I'll stick to weight machines for awhile to keep me off my foot, but I do so love the elliptical!

No comments:

Post a Comment