Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Home workout

I feel so stupid...like really really stupid.  Today ended up being another day where I couldn't hit the gym.  D had such an awful day at school, that I had to get him early, and I just couldn't reward him with a gym trip.  He was in bed early and I was sitting on the couch bemoaning the fact that I couldn't workout.  Do you see where the stupidity is coming in?  Hell, I even used to have a trainer who would COME to my house.  I KNOW what I can do at home.  Cue lightbulb moment.  See below for what I ended up doing.

Food wasn't great, I really struggled with emotional eating today.  I kept my cals ok, but not proud of the choices.  Breakfast was some crackers.  For lunch, I had a heat up beef stew meal, and then a string cheese and some chips.  Dinner was a corn dog and some curly fries with a bit of light ranch.  And then in the evening, I added vodka to my Diet Dr Pepper to end my day at 2008 calories.

Workout:  once my lightbulb moment hit, I got busy!  Put my headphones on and busted out 3 sets of 15 squats, then 2 sets of 30 ball crunches.  I also grabbed my 12 lb weight and did tricep dips, bicep curls, and I don't know what it's called but where I held the weight out in front of me straight, and then out to the side straight.  (My arms were SO trembly after that).  Then to shake it all out and just get some cardio in, I did some general dancing around to the music til I got nice and sweaty.  It felt great!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant solution! I have days like that, too. I just *can't* get away! it's nice to have some exercise skills/knowledge on your own to pull out in emergencies! WAY TO GO!!

    ReplyDelete