Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Date night

I knew it was gonna be bad well in advance.  We went to Cheesecake Factory.  I wish I'd looked at the menu ahead of time though, as they now have a Skinnilicious menu that looked pretty good!  But I had barely eaten all day to accommodate, and already knew what I wanted, so I didn't deviate.

All I really ate during the day was some Spaghetti-os that I shared with D.  He had to be at work with me for a big portion of the day.  So by the time we got to dinner I was starving.  That might not be the best idea again, but I have such a hard time esp if around other people who eat typical.  I did manage to only have one small piece of sourdough bread.  Then I got the crusted chicken romano.  Basically, parmesan chicken with spaghetti.  I ate half the chicken, and then about 1/4th of the pasta (huge portions!).  We did order cheesecake, but split a piece and I took exactly two bites and then put my fork down.  That was GOOD cheesecake tho.  lol  I also had a glass of sweet tea to end my day at 2102 calories.  

No workout today as we didn't get home til really late, but I feel like I was on the go all day just nonstop.  Tomorrow will be back to the gym.

1 comment:

  1. lol, those "typical" eaters...I've had to put a different spin on it...I tell myself I've done a lot of reading and research to reach the decision to eat differently than they might, and maybe they didn't read the same thing I did, or maybe they did and drew different conclusions, or have different values in their lives. All of those things are just fine, but it reminds me why *I* don't eat certain things, even if they choose to, and I don't feel deprived or restricted b/c of it.
    Being different from them helps me reach *my* goals, which are health and weight loss. Since they're already my friends, I don't have to eat the same food as them to gain acceptance and love.
    Great day for you, despite your obstacles! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete