Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mama Night Out

Ya know...us mamas...gosh we work hard. And we rarely get time off for good behavior. I decided to take matters into my own hands, so I hit up a friend to see if she could babysit (she said YES!), hit up another friend about going to a movie, and it was a done deal!

I dropped off D with my friend K this afternoon. He was raring to go, and I knew he'd have a blast. It was going to be quite awhile til my mama movie date, so I went and got a haircut and then ran some other errands. It sure was nice to go into a Barnes and Noble and SIT. And READ. In QUIET. Yes. Oh yes. That kinda thing is just heaven. I followed it up with a quiet dinner at McAlisters Deli, where I got to eat straight through with no interruptions and continue reading.

As for the movie, another friend and I went and saw Bridesmaids. Now, let me say first off, I should have known something was up, as it was Rated R. I was expecting a total sugary chick flick. Boy, was I wrong. This movie WAS hilarious, and it still was a chick flick, but with an edge to it. A "cover your face with your hands, cause someone is about to poop in public" kind of edge. Yeah. It was awesome.

And after all that fun...I even got to sleep in the next morning, as my friend kept D over night. Yay for kidfree nights! May they not be so few and far between!!

1 comment: